Friday, October 24, 2008

Survivalism - It's not just for pot-smokers anymore!

I've been doing alot of reading about alot of wicked things going on in our world these days. I have come to a horrifying realization. I have no survivalist skills whatsoever. Thank God, there are a lot of folks out there who do, and are willing to share them with the rest of us cityfied folk. Here is a very good website from J. Croft called Freedom Guide. He has a lot of articles up right now on how to go about un-entangling yourself from the government robber-barons who are stealing all our liberties and freedoms and taxing us into oblivion

http://freedomguide.blogspot.com/

If you scroll down he also has a ton of links. I am thinking of just printing out his recent articles and using them as a check list! I have taken certain steps, (ok, so they are tiny baby steps - but please, I am poor and have to do what I can!), I have stocked up on powdered milk, water, canned goods, flour, rice, candles and batteries. I bought a table top BBQ and extra propane and have it stashed in my trunk. I plan on packing my trunk with survival gear as much as possible. There is quite a bit of camping and fishing gear I need, but I have a lot of extra furniture that I need to get rid of, so I thought I could barter for what I need on Craig's List or something. I bought silver, but not very much because I can only do what I can. I am out of debt, which helps tremendously.

But, the big thing is, I dont own a gun and haven't shot one since 1986. So I'm looking into joining the local gun club for some lessons. I'm really more of a baseball bat type of person, but I know when TSHTF I'm going to need something a little more than that. That is all for now!

P.S. VOTE CHUCK BALDWIN!

No comments: