Thursday, May 9, 2024

New Computer!

Hello everybody! I had a lot of readers and commentors who wanted to help me get a new computer and I appreciate every one of them. Out of the blue on Monday my sister called me up and said her husband said to just buy me a computer. So I picked one out online and sent her the link. That was very generous of them! It's an ASUS TUF Gaming F15 computer with lots of disk space and memory so should be just the thing. It's built like a tank and even says Military Standard Durability on it. Not sure yet if that is a good or bad thing, but the computer runs great. I've spent most of yesterday and part of today downloading stuff. It would have been faster, but the internet has not been that great. I'm very happy with it so far.

Things have been much better at work. The Boss must be taking care of business behind the scenes and it has been nice. The Lord has my back in all things.

Hope you all are well. I'm still super busy and I work the next three days. I heard that a tornado actually touched down near our house, but we didn't see anything and have no damage. Thank the Lord!

Just a quick update. Take care out there.

6 comments:

Justin_O_Guy said...

Military Standard Durability on it. Not sure yet if that is a good or bad thing,

That was just Too funny..

You don't want to discover that you are not in Kansas anymore
after a storm. Good that everything stayed away..

Cederq said...

Hallelujah and pass the beer! That is great you are on. I used to watch the tornados across the low valley we lived in on the front porch and my ex-wife used to cringe and tell me to get inside. Same for hellacious thunderstorms we use to get, sit on the front porch and be entertained. If the Lord wanted me, I was right there in His Glory...

Peteforester said...

Your computer is "MILSPEC." There are several levels of MILSPEC, but even the lowest level implies that the laptop has some water resistance and can survive a drop from 3ft onto concrete. That's not a bad thing...

Eraser said...

ASUS makes a great machine; it's all I have used for years, great choice. Now if we could scrap the MS operating system and the back doors into our lives, we'd have something.

Tree Mike said...

Great to hear. What ever whisper landed in your trainers ear is appreciated. Tornado's? Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good, though good doesn't hurt.

Anonymous said...

New computers are the best!

To add to Eraser's comment: [Yes, get rid of MS Windows and put something else on it]...however, that may not be practical for you. Instead may I humbly suggest keeping your antivirus updated and use a vpn?

Enjoy the laptop!