Thursday, December 7, 2023

An Excellent Day


The American flags are gone on Buckeye Avenue. In their place are metal snowflakes, candy canes and tin soldiers with twinkling white lights. It is frigid out and the heater in the car doesn't feel like working just yet. I'm early for my interview and was going to wait in the car, but it is too cold. I decide to wait in the building.

The interview was one of the best interviews I've ever had in my life. Not going to say where, but it's in town, easy to get to, and the starting wage is respectable considering the rural area. I think I have a really good chance of getting the job and should hear either way on Monday.

Afterwards, I stop at the store. I've been shopping there every week for over two years and know all the checkers. I feel at home here. The checker asked me how my day was going. I told her I just had an excellent 2nd interview and I'm hoping I get the job. Both the checker and the woman who was bagging the groceries got excited and chatted along telling me that they hope I get the job. It was sweet.

The woman who bagged my groceries pushed the cart to my car and started unloading them into the backseat. She told me how she had gotten this job at the grocery store and really loved it. She said that she would pray for me to get the job. I said, “Thank you, that would be great!”

Then the most unbelievable thing happened. She put her arm around my shoulder and her head against mine and started praying right there in the grocery store parking lot, “Dear Heavenly Father...” she prayed. I was so surprised that I didn't hear the rest of her prayer, but I know she was praying for me to get the job. I whispered, “Thank you so much.” She smiled and took the cart back into the store.

I was very touched by how sweet the whole situation was and may have cried a little on the way home. I feel that God must have inspired her to pray just then and it really made my day.

Even the grocery store sushi I picked up was super fresh and tasty. It was an all around excellent day. Thank you God.

Take care out there!

6 comments:

Cederq said...

At least ya didn't pick up gas station sushi... Or known around these parts as bait, but what do I know?

Here's praying ya get the job and life becomes more normal...

wendyworn said...

thanks cederq!

BigCountryExpat said...

Good Shit Wendy! Prayers that you get it! PM me the details!

wendyworn said...

thanks big - will let you know

Tree Mike said...

Great post. likely good news. The cashier's praying for you brought tears to my eyes. Must be in touch with my feminine side today. Lets pray tomorrow brings some good news.

wendyworn said...

thanks mike!