Thursday, April 25, 2024

Blessing the Ducks


I know I haven't been around much. Just work, eat, wash dishes, sleep, make coffee, repeat. Little by little, my training is increasing and I'm now starting on some practical application. I still have a long way to go. I ended up having yesterday off due to the fact that all the trainers are exhausted from working so many shifts. I feel for them but was also glad for the break. There is only so much knowledge this old noggin of mine can retain.

We had another leak. I noticed it when coming back from the laundry. It wasn't spraying this time but still. It being Sunday, the RV repair guy doesn't work or answer his phone, so I left a message. It wasn't going to get fixed until the next day, so no point in freaking out.

When I came back from switching loads, I noticed there were several ducks sitting in the puddles under our RV soaking in the “rain”. I laughed and asked one of them if they were enjoying themselves. He quacked happily back as if to say, “Yes! Thanks for the opportunity.” It was cute and strangely made my day. The Lord was blessing the ducks. I no longer felt bad about the leak.

The RV guy came out on Monday and replaced an O-ring. He didn't charge us anything (which was good since he was the last one to work in that area.) All was once again, well with the world.

Hope you are all doing well. Keep prepping and praying!

Take care out there.

5 comments:

Cederq said...

There are blessing all around, some small, some large. Don't forget to remember them.

Tree Mike said...

How important are we in the works of the world? You made a difference for some ducks. Everything matters. Hell, I'm happy rescuing a pond turtle from getting deaded on our local rural road. Last autumn I saved a prehistoric looking snapping turtle from it's way too slow crossing of the road. We have logging truckers that don't or can't avoid any critters.
It's not much fun being tired, but at least you're making money. As you get the hang of it, it'll get easier.

Justin_O_Guy said...

I swear, sometimes I think these people out here believe they are proving their driving skills by smashing the critters trying to cross the road. Wanna prove you're an Ace? Dodge the potholes.
Those prehistoric looking ones? They can take a finger off. With some training, ya might have a can opener. I saw one a few days ago and the foot instinctively lifted and was on the way to the brakes, when the Prehistoric parts came into focus. Them Sumbitches are still around and I'm already short one finger,, Good luck, pahdnuh,, There was no mess in the road when I went home, so, I guess nobody wanted to risk messing up the front end of their car.

all the trainers are exhausted from working so many shifts.

I remember how often my teachers looked exhausted,, but I never thought it was from the hours. I always took a little pleasure in it, believing it was because they were tired from
Patiently saying my name,usually followed by no, or Siddown,, meh,, trying to explain Why the order of operations is the only way to get the right answer, and stuff like
When I smell a flower, what is coming out of it that I can't see?
Never did get that one answered.
Wendy, are you Sure it's just the extra shifts getting them down?
So, anyway, the TakeAway is, if they're all run ragged,you get a day off. That sounds like useful information right there.

Deathray said...

What’s the saying about when life deals you a bunch of lemons you make lemonade?
Did you miss an opportunity for Peking duck?
Thanks, I’m here all week. Don’t forget to tip your waiter.

wendyworn said...

all the comments are wonderful. I could use another one of those days off right about now. you guys are the best