Saturday, October 19, 2024

No Rest for the Weary

It's been a long week. I'm still loving my job and really starting to love the people that I work with. It's the first job I've ever had where I feel appreciated for my skills and my ability to work hard and embrace what is expected of me with a view to being successful. The responsibilities I have at my job pale in comparison to what I have to do at home to keep the household functioning smoothly.

In the mornings I get up at 3:30am (no masonic number there – it is what it is) have my coffee and relax for an hour before the workday really begins. I take a shower, make breakfast for my husband and then pack him a lunch. I wash the dishes (I don't have a dishwasher – that would be sweet!), get the coffee maker ready for the next day, get dressed, warm up the car and head out the door.

I have a forty minute drive to work. It's all back roads so it is peaceful and I have time to think. I come up with the best ideas on those drives, that I quickly forget once I get to where I'm going. I will write more about my morning drives in the future. It's definitely sucking up the gas though, and I will have to fill up at least once a week.

When I get home, I check the computer to see what I missed during the day and then start making dinner. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Today I need to run into town to pick up a package and get some groceries. Then I have to prep for the upcoming week by making some potato salad, cooking a chicken and then catch up on chores like cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming. On top of that, I have to do an emergency defrost of the freezer even though I just did it 6 months ago. The stupid door won't stay shut. Sigh.

There is less than 3 weeks until the fake election, so I am curious what will happen. Maybe nothing. Maybe all hell breaks loose. Frankly, I'm just too busy and tired to pay it any mind. Just trying to get through the day getting everything done. I'm usually in bed by 8pm. I sleep good.

Hope you all are doing well, take care out there.  

 

1 comment:

Cederq said...

You sound like a working stiff... I fondly remember those days, and the fondness is that I don't have to do that anymore... I am glad you found a home and a place that can appreciate your enthusiasm and skills and motivation to succeed. That is a rare trifecta and I pray it continues. I am still fascinated by your supply room conundrum and your ongoing remedy for that, I would very much enjoy at least a weekly update. cuz' now I get to live vicariously live life through of your trials and tribulations of your supply situation. Looking forward for a chat this weekend iffn' you can tear yourself away from that vacuum cleaner and peeling potatoes.