Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Gloom, Despair and Agony on us!

Here maybe you remember this little ditty from Hee Haw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KK-QIDzTdso

I guess trying to wrap my head around the absolute MAGNITUDE of what is happening in our economy is, quite frankly, overwhelming.

I knew it was coming. I'm not so worried about myself at the moment, because I don't have any wealth in the stock market anyway. I could lose my 401K money, but I borrowed all my vested money out last spring to buy a car after my old car conked out. I worry about my parents though. They are counting on the money that they have in investments and their savings to live off of in their retirement. I sure wouldn't want to be on social security right now. But I am very thankful to God that I have a pretty good job, that is fairly protected from the economic mess we are in. At least for a while anyway. Better go grocery shopping tonight before all the prices skyrocket!

No comments: