Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The overcomer of Revelation...

The Greek word "Nikao" (G3528 in Strong's Concordence) is translated "overcomer" or "overcometh" 24 out of 29 times in the new testament. I believe it should be translated overcomer or overcometh every time because it really changes the meaning of that controversial verse Revelations 6:2., but I will say more about that later. But first, I want to list the verses where it is used in Revelation.
Rev 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Rev 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed (should be translated as Overcome)to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
So now the irony was, I was checking to see what the words "conquering" and to "conquer" in Rev 6:2 when I found out that it was the same word as overcomer, overcometh that is G3528 from Strong's concordance Nikao.

Here is the verse as it is translated:

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Here is the same verse translated the same way as the other verses:

Rev 6:2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth overcoming, and to overcome.

Who's riding the white horse now? By all means, do your own research, make your own decision.

Later in Revelation the beast is able to overcome the saints and kill them. Rev. 11:7, Rev. 12:11, 13:7.

But with all those overcomers in the churches, it would be logical to think that the white horse rider is one of them, and not the anti-christ as some have taught.

I'm not posting this as a teaching. Just a little nugget of chewy goodness that the Lord has revealed to me today that I wanted to share. Check it for yourself!

Thank you Lord - and please give us grace to be the Overcomers in Revelation.

No comments: