Friday, September 3, 2010

The farm

Several times on this journey the Lord has brought me here to the farm. It is very peaceful here and it is a quiet oasis for me to regroup, take a shower, have a good home-cooked meal, etc.

I thought you would like to meet the cast of characters:
This is Harley. As in Davidson. He is such a big old teddy bear. He comes up to my hips and is a huge intimidating dog, but he won't hurt a flea. He raised Orange cat from a kitten. Now Orange Cat things shes a dog.This is Orange Cat. Her real name is Tiger, but I've always called her Orange Cat. The family watched yesterday as she literally jumped up and plucked a bird out of the sky mid-flight. Killed it dead. Yuck. Before that I told my niece, "Your dad said I could have Orange cat as my van kitty." she said, "What?! No!" heh heh. This is Brown Dog. Her name is Daisy, but she just looks so much like a Brown dog to me. I mean, have you ever seen such a brown dog before? Then there are the cows I heard that the little cow I had a problem with a couple months ago died in the middle of the field a couple weeks ago. poor thing.

And here is the beautiful garden:
My cousin Rick, who is going to fix my van's starter is coming to pick me up and take me to my uncle's house and I am going to help him paint the house. A nice exchange for working on my van. So I am not sure what the internet access will be this weekend. If you don't hear from me, know the Lord is always looking out for me.

Dear Heavenly Merciful Father. Thank you for times of refreshing. Thank you for always taking care of me and I am never alone. In Jesus name Amen.

No comments: