Sunday, August 9, 2009

A new friend


The Lord is so amazing. I have had a hard couple of weeks and I have been praying and believing that I could somehow meet some strong (real) Christians to fellowship with. I know some who live near Mt. Hood but that is almost a two hour drive away from here, and I wanted someone close. So I happen to be reading the local paper and I see an ad called, "Overcomer's outreach." I was reminded of the verses,
"1Jo 2:13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him [that is] from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father."
and
1Jo 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
So I called the number and a woman answered who lives only a couple blocks away from where I am staying. We have gotten together to study God's Word and fellowship. It has been such a great blessing and answer to prayer. Thank you Lord!

No comments: