Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Sometimes you only have to be willing...



At the family reunion I had an aunt that was very worried about me. She was concerned about me being homeless in my quest to do the Lord's will. I was telling my parents the story and I used the term, "dirt under my fingernails homeless".

In the sense that the world looks at it, I am homeless. Yesterday morning I was at the Viento state park. The C4 spot was right next to the bathroom and close to the trail that went down to the river. I had a nice walk and then left to go do my daily stuff. Later that day I came back hoping to get that same camp spot but there were tents set up. Someone had already claimed that spot. I have to say that I was actually very disappointed. It was around 5pm and I wanted to stop for the night because I was tired and I really liked that spot! I ended up driving for another couple hours but the sights I saw on this extra little trip were absolutely spectacular (note picture above). I ended up at a different camp ground later that night(one i had rejected earlier for some reason)

When I woke up this morning I realized the spot I was at was better than the spot the night before. I was still close to the bathroom only this time they had showers and I was able to take a refreshing shower.

Trials and tribulations are given to us from the Lord in order to refine us, and strengthen us and bring out fruit in our lives. Sometimes the trial seems like it will be something that is very hard, but if we are willing to go on, walk out on the will of the Lord, the trial is not as bad as we thought it would be. I think that our willingness to do whatever the Lord asks of us, is half the trial. Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son Isaac to the Lord. It was the willingness to obey that was the trial.

Psa 66:8 O bless our God, ye people, and make the voice of his praise to be heard:
Psa 66:9 Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved.
Psa 66:10 For thou, O God, hast proved us: thou hast tried us, as silver is tried.

No comments: