Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tried in the fire...


Zec 13:9 And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It [is] my people: and they shall say, The LORD [is] my God.
I know that now is a time that the Lord is refining me. A good Christian friend used the example of tempered glass. In order to make tempered glass they have to heat it in a very hot fire and then let it cool for a bit and then heat it in the fire again. That is repeated over and over again until the glass is very strong and will not break very easily. I realize now why this week has been so peaceful, like a vacation. Because I had just spent the last month or so in the fire and will go back into the fire again soon.
Rom 5:3 And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
Rom 5:4 And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
Rom 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
Thank you my heavenly Father.

No comments: