Saturday, February 5, 2011

Echoes of Johnny

Every couple weeks, my sister drives down to the coast in order to pick up her daughter for the weekend. I usually go with her on the trip and it is a really wonderful time. My sister loves to hear me talk about God's word, and I usually share some of the things I have been learning.

Today, I was telling her again, how I did not believe my trip to Ontario last summer was an accident and that it was no accident that I met Johnny. When ever I see the time 10:05 I always pray for Johnny, and ask that the Lord please save him. I told her again how I believe that the Lord wanted me to meet Johnny because He wants me to pray for him. I said, "I think the Lord knows that Johnny and people like Johnny, they need our prayers most of all. Who will pray for Johnny if I'm not praying for him?"

There are no accidents.

As we were coming back we stopped at a little park so my niece could use the restroom. I was sitting alone in the car and turned on the radio. A man's voice started saying:

"His ways are always grievous; thy judgments are far above out of his sight: as for all his enemies, he puffeth at them.

He hath said in his heart, I shall not be moved: for I shall never be in adversity.

His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.

He sitteth in the lurking places of the villages: in the secret places doth he murder the innocent: his eyes are privily set against the poor. - Psalms 10:5-8"

Those were the verses the Lord gave me about Johnny, that he was wicked. Yet, I feel it is also the Lord's will that I pray for Johnny, that Johnny really really needs my prayers.

Maybe you have a bad guy in your past, someone you think could never be saved? God takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that they would repent and be saved. I was a bad guy in my past. Maybe some righteous person prayed hard for me to be saved. The Lord wakes me up at 3am sometimes to pray for strangers, and I pray in tongues for them. I feel strongly in my spirit, that it is the Lord's will for me to continue to pray for Johnny.

Please Lord, help Johnny. Save him, let him be born again and turn and be a righteous man. Help him Lord. In the name of your son Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: