Sunday, September 1, 2024

London Fog


My sisters and I had a chance to visit Lindsborg, Kansas. It is a sweet little tourist town with a Swedish theme. While we were there, we came across Blacksmith Coffee. My youngest sister wanted to stop in to get an Espresso. She had no luck finding an Espresso in Abilene since the little drive up coffee hut Sips had closed a couple months ago and the girl at Casey's didn't even know what an Espresso was.

She asked us if we wanted to get something – her treat. On the menu board was a tea drink called London Fog. We asked what was in it. Earl Grey tea, vanilla and steamed milk. So my youngest sister got a Vanilla Latte with Espresso and the other sister and I ordered London Fogs.

It was fantastic! I had never had Earl Grey tea before. My sister says, “This is my friends favorite tea.” I answered, “and it's Captain Piccard's favorite too.”

Now back at home, I decided to buy some Earl Grey tea and see if I could recreate it. Obviously, I don't have steamed milk, but half n half works just as well. I used two teaspoons of sugar and a little vanilla. Not quite as good as Blacksmith's, but close enough. What a nice way to have an afternoon treat and reminisce on my sisters visit.

Hope you all are well. Take care out there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blacksmith Coffee also does a good quiche for breakfast.

Cederq said...

I like Earl Grey, but unadulterated... I usually drink tea in the evening when it is quiet and I want to snuggle down to what I think may be a good book. I absolutely love apple cider tea.