Wednesday, August 30, 2023

What Goes Around Comes Around


Gather round kids, I'm going to tell you a little story. I could look it up but I'm just going to tell it how I remember it.

There once was a man named Naboth who owned a beautiful piece of land that he had inherited. He was a good steward of the land and planted a vineyard that had the most wonderful grapes, probably made the best wine in the whole country.

One day an evil King named Ahab, spotted that piece of land and those beautiful vineyards and he wanted it real bad. He had lots of land and vineyards but he wanted THAT land so he could plant a little herb garden. So King Ahab went to Naboth and said, “Give me your land so I can plant a little herb garden.” The man said, “I can't give you this land. It was given to my family by God. It is my inheritance.”

King Ahab was sad. He went home and sulked in his bedroom. His wife Jezebel came wafting in and said, “Ahab? Why are you so sad?” King Ahab told his wife Jezebel about how that mean old man wouldn't give him the land. “Don't you worry about that, my dear King. I will take care of it. I will give you the land,” she told him.

So Jezebel went out and arranged for false witnesses to accuse Naboth of blaspheming God and the King. So the people took Naboth out and stoned him to death. When Jezebel heard that Naboth was dead, she told King Ahab that he could go out and claim the land. “Oh Goodie!” said King Ahab and he went out and claimed the land that belonged to Naboth.

God was very angry with Jezebel and King Ahab for this and many other evil deeds that they did. God sent the warrior Jehu to take care of Jezebel. Jezebel saw Jehu from her lofty tower, and thinking that maybe Jehu was like all the other weak minded men that surrounded her, decided she would seduce him. She got all gussied up and fixed her hair and make-up and leaned out her window and said, “Hey Jehu.”

Jezebel's two servents, eunuchs, were standing next to her. Jehu called up to the two eunuchs and told them to throw Jezebel out the window. The eunuchs looked at each other, cuz they had been wanting to do that for a long time and just needed someone to tell them it was ok. So they picked Jezebel up and threw her out the window. She fell a long way to the bottom and landed with a splat. The local dogs ate her up and then pooped her out all over the countryside so that there was nothing left of her to bury.

This story reminds me of those in power these days who think they will get away with all their murders and sorcery (poisons) and their thefts. No. They will not get away it. Soon, they will just be piles of dog poop (I would like to use a stronger word – but it's story hour) all over the land. But, I'm pretty sure God has much, much bigger plans for them than that. Their time is coming.

Take care out there my friends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A good bedtime story for my Grandkids. Thank you!

wendyworn said...

you are welcome! glad you liked it.

Peteforester said...

Back on February 9th, 2010 I was in prayer. This is what I wrote down afterward:

I asked God today why He lets corruption flourish. He told me this:

“Evil people are like dogs on a long chain. They go after things thrown to them. They think they’re free to do what they want. All of a sudden though, they reach the end of their chain and are snapped back.”

Then God said “I am that chain”…


Yeah... It'll be like that...

And the story you related; 1 Kings 21...


wendyworn said...

i love that story pete!

Cederq said...

Again I didn't comment today, busier then a one legged paper hanger in a July ice storm butt-kicking contest. Good post, Suspense, inequity, avarice, envy and a little blood letting... You are seeing that today, Hawaii is a good analogy. Monied asswipes wanting what the little folk have, greed will do that. I am sure in the near future a lot of people are gonna be tossed out of high windows and high ledges.

Tree Mike said...

I like that story. Has a nice feel to it.