Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Old School Excursions

The sky was overcast yesterday morning as I drove into town. I caught myself gripping the steering wheel and had to remind myself that I had no where else to be that day. I could relax and take my time unlike before when I had to rush around to check the mail and get groceries and speed home to clock into work. Slow down, girlfriend.

First stop was the Abilene City Library. I had a copy of my husband's driver's license and was going to get a library card in his name (because I don't have a Kansas driver's license.) The little old lady who worked there was so sweet. “Would you like me to add your name so that you can both use it?” Why yes. Yes I would. It was really for me all along, but this way was so much easier.

With all this technology at our fingertips we have forgotten what a valuable resource the library can be. Now I can use their computers and print out my resume (or anything else for that matter.) Rent some DVD's or books, even play video games. I walked around for a while, checking out all the rooms and what was in them. In the main room there were comfortable chairs around a coffee table with newspapers on it. That will save me money instead of buying newspapers to look for help wanted ads.

I sat in one of chairs and picked up the recent copy of the Salina-Journal. I skimmed through the headlines and then opened it up. Inside was a picture of Drew Weissman and Katalin Kariko who apparently just won the Nobel Prize for their work on the Covid 19 vaccine. Of course Dr. Weissman had his hand in his pocket in the picture. Hidden hand anyone? Garbage. They should both be shot instead of honored for their brilliant work to genocide the planet. I later read that Dr. Robert Malone was all hurt about it. He should be shot as well.

Next stop was the Post Office where I had a couple packages from my sister and my dad. They sent me great little care packages and if I get a chance, I may write more about them. Then on to the grocery store to pick up a few things.

There was a gray hearse driving slowly down the road. That's weird. Once it passed I took a left turn out of the parking lot to pull up behind it. In the back window was a little plastic skeleton waving it's bony hand. The license plate said: TIMEZUP. Ominous, but of course I guess anyone following it would think the same thing. Hhmmmmm.

Hope everyone is doing well. Take care out there.

7 comments:

Justin_O_Guy said...

IDK exactly what you do, but when I was in the job market, I used to visit places where I was interested in working. I got a job that way. They weren't actively looking for anyone, but they hired me.

While you're in the library, maybe you wouldn't mind looking for a Jefferson quote. I used to copy and paste it into arguments. I haven't been able to find it in so many years I can't get close to his words anymore. The gist of it is

Give me the truth. However bad it is, my heart will make room for the truth. I've just spent more than a half hour hunting. I Know it Was out there. I didn't bother to try to learn it, didn't write it down, because it's only a Coupla clicks away. I want to know if I slipped a cog or if that quote does exist and was scrubbed.
It's a really neat feeling to be on your way to town and realize
Hey,I'm not trying go just enough above the limit to get there as quick as possible without getting a ticket.
Seeing a slot through traffic that would gain four car lengths that you could make without risking a ticket or pissing someone off and not even thinking about going for it,, yeah,, I realized then that for the first time Ever, I was driving, and I was Calm. Unhurried.

And then I got excited about being calm.

Cederq said...

Doing as well as one can... A grey hearse and a skeleton, yes it is that evil season. If I am ever placed in a hearse, my first action after that is to haunt the bejebus out of someone for putting me in a hearse and a show coffin, either place me directly in the dirt or at the most a simple pine box, the worms gotta eat too... You can't go back to dust sealed in a hermetically sealed concrete vault and coffin. just become a sloppy mess in there.

wendyworn said...

Justin - here is some

There is not a truth existing which I fear... or would wish unknown to the whole world.

or

Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth

or

Follow truth wherever it may lead you

or maybe it was scrubbed, I dont know

wendyworn said...

Cederq - tis the season - that's what my husband said when I told him the hearse story.

clayusmcret said...

Stay positive. That next job is almost upon you. We're here for you.

wendyworn said...

thanks clay!

Justin_O_Guy said...

None of those are the one I used to copy and paste.
How many gallons of formaldehyde have passed into the soil?