Friday, October 6, 2023

What a Week


A lot has happened this week. Kevin McCarthy was removed as Speaker. That is actually huge news but my personal feelings: Meh. The guy has been crooked for years, not to mention there were rumors swirling around earlier this year concerning his closeted gay shenanigans. As Vox Day put it – he never should have been Speaker in the first place. His ouster was really fast, practically overnight – so I wonder, why now?

Now Matt Gaetz is either hero or villain depending on which side of the aisle you stand on. I still clearly remember his masonic handshake with Rod Rosenstein several years ago which told me all I need to know about the guy. His hero status, however, was short lived because I'm not seeing his name anywhere in the headlines today.

I've decided to stick with my original schedule and take Saturdays off from posting. Hope you all have a good weekend. See you on Sunday.

This video was making the rounds on Tik Tok a month or so ago, but I just came across it again. It's a clip from the 1981 movie Dinner with Andre. Predictive Programming at its finest. Take care out there.



9 comments:

Peteforester said...

Funny; "1984" called it.

"Atlas Shrugged" called it.

This movie clip called it.

And yet, here we are, doing... what?...

wendyworn said...

Yep Pete. I don't know

Cederq said...

I have never heard or seen that movie, 'My dinner with Andre." From this clip I ordered from the online store for movies, they had one, I get it in about a week. What Pete above said, "This movie clip called it." I parrot well...

You have a fine Saturday and don't get lost, or fall into a muddy creek. I am house/dog sitting for two weeks and enjoy the solitude here. Be good, and if you can't be good, make it memorable and legendary.

wendyworn said...

You enjoy your Saturday as well cederq. I got a couple books from the library. I'm going to wear my comfy sweater and curl up with a good book for the first time in years and years. I hope you enjoy the movie. Let me know what you think.

Johno said...

That seems quite a prescient movie, Wendyworn, no wonder that some things are memory-holed. I’d never heard of it.

Cederq said...

Where's my morning Wendy?

wendyworn said...

I have a roast in the oven, but I'm going to give you a call soon.

Tree Mike said...

Predictive programming, "They" HAVE to give us some form of "freedom of choice". It's in the contract with the Creator. They perverted that like everything else.

wendyworn said...

exactly mike