Monday, May 17, 2010

The beginning...


I got an email from CNN this morning that simply said:

"Supreme Court rules federal government can keep some sex offenders locked up after they serve their sentences." the whole article is located here.

On the surface that sounds all nice and protective of the children, but really that just opens the door to the federal government determining to keep anyone past their sentences later on. As one commenter Xasthu said: "About 15% of the federal corrections facilities are private. This is bad because they have a financial interest in keeping people locked up as long as possible to get more profit. This sets a bad precedent for future abuse and future expansion to hold other types of felons indefinetly as well." Yeah. What he said.

On another note, my boss called to tell me that I have today off. So I can start working the morning shift permanently. Breakfast bar, here I come. But really, it is ok. I've got a system now and the day shift goes pretty fast.

Thank you heavenly Father for your grace and mercy in my life. Thank you for strong meat and clean garments. Thank you for sending your son to die for my sins. I LOVE YOU!! In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: