Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The customer is always right or Death to Self


My head is killing me. It is a pressure headache. But the Lord brings to my remembrance that the olive is pressed in order to bring forth oil.

My friend told me about a sushi restaurant where there is a large tank full of fish. When the people want sushi, they pull a fish out of the tank and slice a thin piece of flesh off and serve it to the people and put the fish back in the tank. I feel like one of those fish.

I work at a place that the customers complain about everything. I have never worked at a place where practically everyone that comes to the counter has some negative thing to say. They all want to hold me personally responsible for their unhappiness. Some things I can change for them, and some I can't, but that does not stop them from going on and on about it. Some of the complaints are so ridiculous that I feel like my head will explode. I find myself getting angry and resentful - like I am being set up. In a way, I am being set up.

Being an overcomer means having situations in life that have to be overcome. This is one. When Jesus was falsely accused - he answered not again. Jesus never got angry when people said bad things to him, only when the people were hard - hearted or greedy in the temple - did he get angry. When they were crucifying him - he prayed to the Father to forgive them.

Yesterday when I was going through these trials, The Elm Street Chapel had this post:
Hating the Garment Spotted by the Flesh Oh yes. How I hate the garment spotted by the flesh.

So I keep praying for this horrible place. I pray for the customers, that they will have a pleasant stay and find nothing to complain about. I pray for my co-worker who told me that the customer is always right, (and she was right to tell me that - it exposed another weakness of mine that needs to be overcome - my own pride again.) I pray for the owners and the hotel. I pray for myself, that I will be counted worthy to escape the wrath to come, that I can be perfected, even if it hurts now, because eternity is coming. I want to be an overcomer.

Thank you Lord for the pressure and the trials in my life. Thank you for your grace and mercy to see me through. In Jesus name, AMEN.

No comments: