Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Red Cardinal

Our air conditioner went out again this morning. It started to make this weird noise and then it slowed down and stopped. Red-lined I guess. Great. Just what we need. Thankfully, it's not supposed to be as hot this week.

I went out to take my walk and as I was strolling along, I saw a red cardinal. As far as I can recall, I've never seen one around this area before. I watched it chirping away until I was past. Strangely, it flew ahead of me and landed on a nearby branch. I watched it again as I continued on my walk. It was singing happily.

Out of curiosity I looked up the spiritual significance of seeing a red cardinal. The general consensus is that it is a good omen and symbolizes faith, hope and love. Well, I don't know about all that. But I considered it a blessing from the Lord and thanked Him for all the little birds and bunnies that I enjoy on my walks.

I think everything is going to be okay.


UPDATE: The A/C started up again. Maybe it just got tired. I know I am. Anyway, for now it is working.

5 comments:

Cederq said...

Down South they are called red birds and that is where they winter. I don't doubt they are expanding their territory. They sure are colorful in a drab winter.

wendyworn said...

Yeah, it was a real treat to see one.

Anonymous said...

Kansas does have Cardinals but not in the numbers found in the south; not enough tall thick bushes.

Justin_O_Guy said...

We've got a good population of them and the blue jays ,the sports cars of the sky. We had a few pairs of Indigo Buntings a few years ago. IDK what caused them to move on or if the hawks got them.
I can't get a website in, for a picture. They are very pretty.
Glad that AC decided to soldier on for ya..

Ian J said...

WD40 is a good standby for motors