Monday, August 19, 2024

Winter Preps


My winter water project is complete. I took all the old water bottles out of the front seat area, emptied them and threw the bottles away. I reorganized new fresh water bottles into boxes so that I have twice the storage. I have both a zero water pitcher and some water filter thermos that I can filter the water if we actually need to drink some, but my stash is mostly for washing dishes and flushing the toilet if the pipes freeze. Since they have frozen every winter that we have been here, I'm prepared for it.

I made a really good lunch yesterday from just my prepper pantry. Spam fried in toasted sesame oil and a box of organic mac and cheese using evaporated milk. It was amazingly yummy. I understand why Hawaiian's love their Spam. It's actually quite tasty.

I have no freeze dried foods in my prepper pantry. First of all, with the several extra layers of fat I currently have stored on my person, my chances of starving to death are slim (ha ha) to none. Also, freeze dried foods...um, gross. Why would I want to eat some shriveled up, chemically laden concoction that has been sitting on the shelf for 25 years? I actually have a feeling that the whole freeze dried foods is a psyop in itself and except for hikers I see no use for it. That is just my personal opinion. But yeah, yuck.

I have a strong feeling that winter will hit early and be especially harsh this year. The Lord is keeping our poor air conditioner limping along until summer is officially over. Which will give us some time before we need to get it fixed.

That's all for now. Take care out there.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Freeze dried food at home isn't full of chemicals. Store bought disappoints me with so much salt.

Cederq said...

You gather up your down comforter and wrap it around and shuffle bleary-eyed and hope you are in the direction of the euphemism room to accomplish your morning constutional

wendyworn said...

ha ha

Anonymous said...

Two things.

1) if you let a tap drip on the coldest days the running water wont freeze.

2) if you make your own freeze dried food its great with no chemicals. Rehydrated its just like fresh

Exile1981

wendyworn said...

I will look into making freeze dried foods at home, just to see if it's possible to do with a zero money budget.

I understand the concept of letting the water drip. the problem with living in an rv is that the sewer pipe freezes and the dripping water has nowhere to go except to back up the tub which I have personally experienced. once the sewer freezes there is no choice but to turn the water off.