Thursday, July 16, 2009

Places of refuge...


During the old testament times, there were 6 cities that were considered cities of refuge. If a person killed someone accidently, they could flee to one of those cities to hide from the avenger (a family member out for blood to compensate for the killing.) It was God Himself that said to pick out 6 cities, it was a part of the law. (Number 35:11-15)

The Lord is our refuge. Our trust must be in Him to protect us from those who would attack us.

Psa 62:5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation [is] from him.
Psa 62:6 He only [is] my rock and my salvation: [he is] my defence; I shall not be moved.
Psa 62:7 In God [is] my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, [and] my refuge, [is] in God.
Psa 62:8 Trust in him at all times; [ye] people, pour out your heart before him: God [is] a refuge for us. Selah.


Many times the Lord has led me to certain people and places on this trip. Places where I can truly rest in Him and know that I will not be attacked. There are some things that I am learning on this trip, that I can't post here. I have spent alot of time just driving through the countryside, wondering at the majesty of the mountains and the fields that our Lord has created. Every day that I have been driving, I have seen an eagle flying in circles overhead. It just reminds me that the Lord is always with me, because He promised to never leave me or forsake me.

Hbr 13:5 [Let your] conversation [be] without covetousness; [and be] content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hbr 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord [is] my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Every day I thank the Lord that we have one more day with peace and not judgement.

No comments: