Saturday, July 25, 2009

Sojourne continues...


Abraham, Isaac and Jacob were all called to be sojourners. The word sojourne implies a temporary dwelling place, even if it is in one place for a long time. David wrote:
Psa 39:12 Hear my prayer, O LORD, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I [am] a stranger with thee, [and] a sojourner, as all my fathers [were].
Psa 39:13 O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.

Jesus said: Foxes have holes and birds have nests but the Son of Man has not where to lay his head (Luke 9:58). He also said My kingdom is not of this world (John 18:36).
I believe the Lord calls all his children to be sojourners, for this life is a test of eternity and all the children are called into the wilderness at times of testing and trials. The longer I am on this journey, the more the Lord teaches me. This journey is not just for now, but is for life. There will not be a time when the journey is over, because this is about walking in the will of the Father, for the rest of my life. I would rather be a sojourner in the wilderness and be walking in the will of the Father, than in a beautiful palace somewhere outside of His will. It is time to go out on the road again, to see what the Lord will show me next. I can't wait!

No comments: