Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes...


Ok, so I may have been a little harsh about the Door of Hope church. The guy there emailed me today with a recommendation for a church that is close to where I am so I may check it out. I like to pray on these things to seek the Father's will before I decide. There is an informal bible study tomorrow night so I may go if I feel it is the leading of the spirit.

David Wilkerson had a great post today. He said, "You are either changing daily into Christ's image or you are changing back into your old carnal ways." You can read the whole post here. He was talking about finishing the race. There is NO turning back in this game. You are either pushing towards the mark of the high calling or you are falling away, there is NO gray area.

Today my dad and I went to work on the storage unit. We were only there for about 45 minutes but we got so much done during that amount of time, and hauled another 5 boxes of stuff to Goodwill. My dad said, "Wow, we got alot of stuff done in less than an hour." I said, "Yes, if we could work on it for even an hour a day we could get the job finished in no time." Of course, I want to spend more time than an hour, but sometimes if all you can do is an hour, than that is good enough.

The way to climb a mountain is by taking the first step. With God, nothing is impossible. Seek the Lord to find out His Will for your life and work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. If you take the first step in seeking the Lord, He will tell you where to take the next step.

Long distance runners train before they run a marathon. They train for endurance - and they also learn how to pace themselves and to find ways of resting even as they are running. Finishing the race is often more important than winning.

I know that these lulls of staying at my parents and helping them according to the Lord's will, are times of spiritual training. It's a time for me to study the Word, to believe God for my needs and fast and pray and seek the Lord. It's also a time for me to learn endurance and patience as Christ is formed in me, because it is hard for me to stay at my parents and do the mundane day to day stuff. In the past it has been easier to have days full of busyness than quietness. But learning to be quiet before the Lord is a very important spiritual lesson as well.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for how you are molding me into the image of your son Jesus Christ and for all the amazing ways you answer my prayers each and every day. Thank you for being with me every step of the way as you change me according to your Will. In the name of Jesus Christ! Amen!

No comments: