Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Door of Hope - Slammed

Weird. I contacted the Door of Hope church because I wanted to see if I might be able to catch a ride with someone and I was informed that they are a "community" church and not a "commuter" church. Ouch. I'm on the road alot and although I am currently at my parents, I could just as easily be staying in Portland if it was the Father's will. But I think that this is the Lord's way of showing me that this is NOT the church for me, even though I felt I had some confirmations earlier.

The more I think about it, the more that I am amazed at what church has become. It's just not about the body of Christ anymore but about our own little corner of the world: We just want the people that live in our neighborhood to come to our church - sorry if you were looking for the Word of God here. Maybe I wanted to check out the church and then move there? But too bad, so sad.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for always being with me and loving me. Thank you for a door of hope being opened somewhere else! Thank you for your Grace and Mercy and Love in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

4 comments:

Latter Days Ministry said...

That is pretty strange. Aren't we a community simply because we are united by the same Holy Spirit of God? I am very thankful that when God opens a door, no man can shut it. :-) I am sure God will continue to lead you regarding fellowship.

wendyworn said...

Yes. I totally believe the Lord will open doors for me. In the meantime I will continue to wait and pray.

Blessings in Christ!

Michael Kane said...

I looked at the church website after reading your post and immediately thought I don't think I would go there....just something about their site. After what they said to you it confirms it to me. Jesus showed you pretty clearly what they are about.

wendyworn said...

I had some checks from listening to the audios - but I loved the fact that they said, "we only preach Christ and him crucified." I thought maybe getting back to basics. too bad, just another social club - and I don't meet the requirements! Thank you Lord for the warnings! (I was a little concerned about what looks like the tree of life logo from the Kabbalah. could be ignorance, could be deliberate)

Thanks for commenting Michael.