Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 8 - The enemy

Yesterday, was a hard day. I was hungry, like I'd never been hungry in my whole life. I thought about people that were actually starving in Africa and South America, and I prayed for them. How horrible to feel that way all the time.

I was originally going to have all the strings replaced on my mother's guitar, but they run about $7-$8 a piece. So instead I bought some picks and a guitar tuner. Yesterday was my first lesson. I found some lessons on You-Tube. I'm going to try to practice for at least an hour a day, Lord willing.

I went to move my van and as I was driving around the block, my van died and I could not restart it. Some neighbors helped me to push it off to the side of the road. It weighs a ton. (LITERALLY!) I was very upset because I hate vehicle problems. I don't know how to work on them, and my dad doesn't know how to work on them, and my cousin, the mechanic lives about 45 minutes away.

When these things happen, I immediately start looking for unconfessed sin in my life. I opened my bible to Isaiah 4 and the Ezekiel 9:11 - the first I felt was encouragement to remember that MY LORD JESUS is coming back soon. The second was to confirm that yes, I have done what the Lord has commanded me. I also read this great post about how the apostles were obeying when they got into the boat and went ahead of the Lord and hit the storm:

He Would Have Passed Them By?

The Lord confirmed that this is an attack from the enemy, but I am beginning to see that what the enemy may have planned for evil, the Lord planned for good. I'm going to go talk to the woman whose house my van died in front of because I am blocking her paper box. Hopefully she will be understanding. Then I will take my mom's car down to visit my cousin. The rest is in the hands of the Lord, so I know without a doubt that the Lord will take care of it and all the details.

Dear Heavenly Father, You always defeat the adversary in every single situation, you are more powerful than him in everything and his attacks are like gnat stings compared to your mighty hand that saves us. thank you for always being with me no matter what, and how you are able to make all the crooked path straight and make the (GRRRRR) vehicle problems taken care of. I love you so much Lord. In Jesus name. Amen.

Today's blog from Jentezen Franklin
Today's video from Jentezen Franklin

1 comment:

Kim said...

As Paul said, count it all joy that you are having trials because it shows that you are making progress! Keep up the good work!

God bless....

Kim