Monday, January 10, 2011

Day Two - Patience

Patience is a fruit of the spirit. Those of us who wait on the Lord, know the true meaning of the word patience and why it is also called longsuffering. But I have come to realize that impatience is a form of unbelief and self-will.

If we are being impatient with the things going on in our lives and want the future to hurry up and get here, then we are not content with what the Lord has put in front of us. I have struggled with this concept many times on this journey.

Impatience with my circumstances in life and especially the fact that I have, on more than one occasion, had to stay at my parents house longer than I wanted to, has made me understand my own shortcomings in this category. Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful to my parents for their love of me and their open house to me and the support they have given on my journey. I just get antsy when I stay at any one place very long. Thank the Lord, He has given me abundant grace in this category and I am becoming more and more content with whatever circumstance I find myself.

I came across an interesting item this morning while reading James. I know that alot of the people who read this site are also watchmen on the wall. We see the signs in the heavens and satan's plans and know we are in the end times, and wish the Lord would please hurry up and come and take us away from this hellhole. Even in this we need to be patient:
Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and the latter rain.

Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh. - James 5:7-8
Dear Mighty Wonderful Heavenly Father, thank you so much for your grace, mercy and longsuffering towards us. Thank you for your hedge of protection around our lives, in Jesus name. Amen.

Todays blog on Jentezen Franklin website.
Todays video on Jentezen Franklin website

No comments: