Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Lunatic Fringe

Years ago, when computers were just beginning to be available to the general public, and I was barely starting to wake up, there was a man with a website online who was making the case that Satan was a computer. I often think about that guy – I have long since forgotten his name – on days like this.

Tree Mike suggested I listen to Lunatic Fringe again saying it was spooky. Wow, he was right about that.

Red Rider released the song Lunatic Fringe 42 years ago this month. Strange little synchronicity there.

The first video below is a cover of the song with the lyrics so you can clearly see the words. The second video is really creepy. It is the AI interpretation of the Red Rider song.

Take care out there.




7 comments:

Deathray said...

Always liked this song.
Been listening to this and Silent Running a lot over the last few years.

Cederq said...

I remember this song, had started back then reading dystopian literature and thought it was fitting. Now listening to it, how astonishing how prescient Cory Taylor was.

The AI version was step up on the creepiness scale...

wendyworn said...

yeah - very creepy

Tree Mike said...

Holy cow! That took creepy/spooky to the next level. Of course, Satan/Marduk (and his minions) are quite able to escalate the creep factor exponentially.
After visiting WRSA this morning I listened to Col. Murray, titled "Added to the rotation". He's seeing bad, broad spectrum, shit towards the end of this month. Worth the listen, 47 min.

wendyworn said...

thanks mike - I will take a look

Mia Renee' said...

CREEPY !!

wendyworn said...

Mia!!! I love you! thanks for coming to my blog! this is my little sister everyone!