Saturday, September 30, 2023

Now What?

Friday morning I lost my job. I've kind of known it was coming for a while. Considering all my monthly evaluations that said 100% on my quality (meaning zero mistakes) in the last month I somehow had mistakes happening daily that my boss would call me on. Big Sister on steroids. Mistakes that weren't mistakes before – suddenly were. Stupid stuff really. My internet being so crappy the last month didn't help. It was almost a relief that they finally let me go. I really think they were trying to get me to quit.

So I packed up all my equipment. Two monitors, a laptop, headphones, docking station, keyboard, mouse and a slew of cords and cables. I kept the original boxes and everything fit back in. I will mail them off later today.

Everyone has been supportive and I know they are praying for me. So far I am handling things well, but I noticed that I really wished I could talk to my mom. She passed away 10 months ago. She would know the right thing to say to make me feel better. Oh how I miss her.

I was originally going to wait until Monday to post this, which is October 2nd. Since I was in a similar situation 2 years ago I thought I would see what I posted then, take my own advice so to speak. Wow, amazing. Here is what I wrote:

“The Lord is so merciful in His dealings with me. I think I should be doing something. Update my resume, look for a job, hit the ground running. The Lord is showing me that I need to wait. Wait on Him and find out what direction He wants me to go. There are plenty of things to take care of while I wait.”

Fast forward to today. I already updated my resume but will probably re-update it when I get a chance. Don't think that I'm going to be a total slacker or anything after reading that, but I also don't need to panic. I need to remain peaceful and wait on the Lord. Simple.

Hope you all are doing well. I will keep you posted on my great adventures going forward (LOL!) Take care out there.

15 comments:

Johno said...

G’day miss Wendy, do you have an online payment facilitator and info needed to lend a hand? Not that you need expect more than four-fifths of five-eighths of bugger-all from me, as a skint disability pensioner, but I’ll try to help. Like some of your readers, I’ve been sacked, in the worst circumstances that the arsehole Irishman Murphy could invent. But I’m still kicking, even if only to ensure that your mate Cederq doesn’t get an easy life of it, not that such is at all difficult to achieve!

wendyworn said...

well we definitely need to keep cederq in line - that is a fact! Lol. I'm not sure about an online payment situation I may look into something. I suppose I could post my PO box and see what happens. Not sure - its still early yet.

Cederq said...

Your great adventure? Will it be a tome worthy of War and Peace? The Harry Potter series? More books than Encyclopedia Britannica?

I can never be tamed... wild and free, sarcasm galore!

Cederq said...

I wasn't aware you had to have a studio equipment to do a job? To do chart audits, just my lap top, a PDR and some A & P books, a medical thesaurus, some medical procedure books, some data bases and I am good to go. And you fit that in your MH? Did you have space to turn around, wash your socks in the wash basin?

I would be leery of Johno, an affable chap, but an Aussie bubble or two off level. Much less than me, but still off...

wendyworn said...

my particular job - they sent all the equipment and you had to abide by their schedule etc. I would rather work a job that I could set my own schedule. that would be nice. as far as the encyclopedia part - I won't count my words until they are written!

Justin_O_Guy said...

monthly evaluations that said 100% on my quality (meaning zero mistakes) in the last month I somehow had mistakes happening daily

Yeah, there is a Klue. Frustrating someone who really needs the job, hoping they will quit, trying to dodge the unemployment hit.
Nice people who appreciate you and your work. You can go ahead and be forgiving. I'm over here hoping someone steps on a rake. Hmmm,maybe a sand trap rake is in order here.
Gotta say,Wendy, it's downright humbling to come here, hoping to have the right words to uplift and encourage, only to get a pep talk. I'm recently and for the first time I've chosen to take no action when a part of me is urgently wanting to Do what I would do to solve the problem. I decided that this time I'm waiting. IDK what a green light from God looks like, but I'm pretty comfortable believing it won't get by unnoticed.
If God in His wisdom doesn't open the door you need before you need to post that P.O. box, I talked with my wife and I didn't need to convince her.
If you're not comfortable with posting that, you have my email, right?

Or maybe open an email somewhere?
Link that in your blog somewhere?

Gotta be a better way than making your box public..
Or is that not really anything? Phht,IDK..
Have a good day, Wendy.

wendyworn said...

Justin - you are so sweet - I really enjoy your comments. They really make my day. If you click on my name on the about me section - there is a link to my email address and you are welcome to contact me. I don't have time at the moment but i'm going to update the about me section and add my email there and possibly my PO box. I want to talk to the people at the post office about adding the name wendyworn so that I don't have to use my real name. My real name is a very common name and there are millions of women out there with that name. But I'm the only wendyworn out here in internet land. So watch that area for possible updates.

clayusmcret said...

I was fired once (we both knew it was the right thing to do) and I flunked out of one military school (where I met my to-be-wife of 44 years). These are either moments to move toward something else or moments to squander. My wife and I both believe the former. Good luck and follow your heart. We'll be here for you.

Justin_O_Guy said...

I'll agree to try to remember. Heck,I got this. I'll write it in my BP log. I'm taking a break from rigging up to move that broke down backhoe. Trans is out. I have to make it drag itself using the digging scoop. Or,run a cable from the telephone pole. And that is easier than fixing the yard.

Justin_O_Guy said...

If you click on my name on the about me section - there is a link to my email..

Is it by the prescription number ?

I know, there Is no prescription number.

As far as I can tell, there's no about you section.
I get tired of Really studying something, knowing It's Right There,, and not seeing it..
Hepme..

wendyworn said...

Its on the side bar but I will make it easy on you:

wendyworn@yahoo.com

bob said...

Just another cross to bare, wear it as a badge of honor, you need help just reach out. Keep your head high always.

wendyworn said...

thank you bob and clay!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. I had a boss once that fired me twice and I just showed up to work the next day. Twice. After another year I quit and found a better job. Such is life; it goes on and presents you with unlimited opportunity no matter what you do.
You obviously have talent, so I'm sure you'll start the next chapter soon!

wendyworn said...

thanks anon!