Thursday, September 7, 2023

Possible Crossroads

Tomorrow, September 8, is the day we are scheduled to move our RV to a different spot. When we left Oregon in 2021, we were originally on our way to Texas. Our RV broke down outside of Abilene, Kansas, and we have been here ever since. My husband started up the RV on Saturday just to make sure that it starts before the move.

It starts fine. That isn't the problem. The problem is, it may not go anywhere. My husband thinks that the bottom is on the verge of going out, he adds, the crank, pistons etc. Now I don't know anything about engines so I'm just taking his word for it.

The owner of the RV park said he will assist us any way he can, including unhooking and rehooking all the water and sewer pipes and moving the satellite dish. The internet people will be here on the 14th to reorient it.

One way or another I believe that we will get it into the new spot – it just depends on the degree of drama and things that could go wrong that will determine our future here.

I've had a bad feeling about it all week, along with a persistent headache. I looked it up and I guess it is considered a tension headache. It doesn't help.

On top of that, things are stressful at work and I have a bad feeling about that too. I spent the evening last night updating my resume and applied to a job here locally. Just trying to be pro-active. I can't afford to be out of work. Not saying anything is official yet at my current job. As I've said before, the Lord gives me a heads up on these things some times.

There is a weird haze outside. Ominous. I don't like it.

Anyway, please pray for me the next couple days. Lots of balls in the air. I may not post tomorrow. If I don't I will give an update on what's what on Saturday. Take care out there my friends.


 

6 comments:

clayusmcret said...

Only thing I can help with is the haze in the air. With that cold front that dropped down from the north, what we're seeing is Canadian smoke. (I'm about 70 miles from ya towards Wichita.) On top of that, the pollen is almost peaking on the pollen scale, and that's not including all the crops and farmers plowing.

Good luck with the move, as well as on the job front.

wendyworn said...

thanks clay

Cederq said...

When it rains, a hurricane... I hope everything works out for you. It might be better for you in an apartment, at least in the meantime. If you are low income and with your husband, you might look into subsidized housing? A thought to ponder. One of the problems with RVs and long term living, they tend to wear out faster and become maintenance queens as you are well aware. My prayers and my offer still stands.

wendyworn said...

thank you cederq

Justin_O_Guy said...

If the engine is making scary noises, start with checking the oil.
It is better immediately after it runs. Use a paper towel and transfer the oil onto the paper and put your back to the sun. Eyeball the oil for anything glistening. If you see shiny stuff in the oil, it's not healthy. If it's possible, change the oil.
If it's clattering, maybe add some heavier stuff. Try to give whatever is banging a better cushion. Naturally keeping the RPM down is important.

Very sorry to hear that such desirable people didn't make it to Texas. The wrong Abilene, Wendy.

I'm Going to be praying for you,

If you know when you are going to drive away and the route, I hope you don't take this wrong,, but if I was in your shoes, I'd probably look up the local tow companies and have a conversation with them.

wendyworn said...

Thanks for the prayers justin - you made me laugh with your "wrong abilene" that is funny.