Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Training on AI Chatbots


Last Friday, I had mandatory cyber security training on AI chatbots. It was actually quite hilarious. It covered the new and exciting ways that AI can mimic peoples voices to use for vishing attacks or voice phishing.

First, they covered the concept of misinformation and disinformation. Because AI is grabbing all of its information from the internet it may inadvertently snatch up some biased data and therefore can not always be trusted to tell the truth. (so – they are liars? Yeah – I've called that one before.) But, if the police, judges or the government say something then it IS true, and not disinformation. (I kid you not, that was literally in the training video) I laughed hard over that one.

Second, AI learns by a process called Natural Language Processing or NLP. Hhmmm. I thought NLP stood for Neuro Linguistic Programming (which bottom line – is a form of sorcery that can be used to manipulate people.) Here is a great description:

“Neuro-linguistic programming is a way of changing someone’s thoughts and behaviors to help achieve desired outcomes for them.”

Yep, sorcery.

At the end of the training – outlining how AI can be used for nefarious reasons but they can still be useful tools to increase productivity for employees, companies etc., they ask five questions about whether or not you would use AI in the future. They don't give you the option to say that you are never going to use them. The choices of answers were, a) Rarely, if ever. b) Sometimes or c) Often. If you answer Rarely, if ever – it says, “that's okay a lot of people are uncomfortable with AI, but you'll get used to it.”

Yeah...no.

My plan going forward is to avoid interacting with these demonic little AI chatbots as much as possible. The training video assured us that they are not coming for people's jobs. Ha ha Ha. I'm sure that is totally true and not disinformation at all.

Take care out there.


2 comments:

Cederq said...

Yeah, no. I will not talk with a computer when I call a company, I always say agent, represented, sales clerks or keep punching "0" until I get a real person. If that fails, then I find the corporate's main number and call them telling them I refuse to use a robot or AI bot and I want a real person to interact with. There have been a few companies I just will not do business with any more, I will not buy their product, screw them! I really can do without.

wendyworn said...

me too