Tuesday, June 29, 2010

More from the valley floor...


Michael Boldea has another post about the valley:

Life in the Valley part 5

I have been under tremendous attack lately. My toe was almost completely healed after going around with no shoes for a couple days, but since I had to put socks and shoes on for work, it has become re-infected. The pain is excrutiating at times. Satan tries to attack me by making me feel like I want to quit. (not just my job, but everything - run away so to speak!)

That is why it is important not to put any faith in our emotions. Satan can always attack us with "unwarrented thoughts and feelings" (Russ Dizdar). One of the reasons I believe the Lord has set up this trip to Wyoming is to have some goal I can hold onto. If I can just get through the next 8 days at work, I will be able to go on vacation and not wear shoes for two whole weeks!

In psalms 23 it states, "Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me." The staff is something they used to lean on as they traveled, to help them in their walk. We know we can lean upon the Lord when we get weary and the narrow way becomes hard to traverse. Thank you Lord for always being there to carry me through the hard parts. In Jesus name amen.

No comments: