Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Big Toe Contemplation Revisited...

Last summer I wrote a post called "Big Toe Contemplation." That was a happy toe story. This toe story is not like that one. This picture is of the happy toe time. I will spare you the picture of my toes at the moment.

When I first started my new job two months ago, I worked the first two weeks wearing shoes that were too tight. I didnt have any money at the time to replace them, so I kept wearing them. It wasn't until I realized that my toes hurt long after I had taken off my shoes that I had a serious problem on my hands (or feet if you will). My sister let me borrow a pair of shoes to wear to work, and later, after she saw the damage I had done to my toes, promptly gave them to me. My left toe has a huge bruise underneath the nail, but it is the good toe. My right toe is the one that is really bad off.

The pressure of the shoe pressing on my nail (warning graphic: if you have a weak stomach - skip down to the next paragraph!)caused my nail to seperate from my toe. I can actually pull it up, but not enough to actually pull it off. This in turn has caused an ingrown toenail. It is my first ingrown toenail and it really really hurts!

The Lord uses parables in the natural realm to teach us spiritual truths. I have been seeking the Lord on the meaning of this injury, and praying about healing for it. The bible speaks of the great toe in the cleansing of those who were lepers. First they put the blood of the sacrifice on ear, thumb and toe and then they put oil on them. (Leviticus 14). There is also a figure of speech called "Synecdoche" where a part is put in for the whole. (As in a big toe for the whole foot.)

Our feet, according to Ephesians 6, should be shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. My understanding of the parable of this injury is this: I will continue to have pressure in my walk, pressure that could ultimately injure me, if I am not prepared by having the Word on in my mind and to have the peace of God that passeth understanding: Phil 4:7-9
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
It is not the Lord's will for me to be injured, but to be taught, trained, disciplined. The pressure is like the olives being pressed to bring out the oil. But this is a warning, to once again take it up a notch, to be more alert to the dangers around me. Like I should have recognized that my shoes were too tight right away instead of ignoring it. I would not have the injury I have now if I had addressed the situation when it first came up. It also shows me that I have a hidden weakness of ignoring things I don't want to deal with, hoping it will go away.

Thank you Lord, for showing me my weaknesses. Thank you so much for the fiery trials in my life. Thank you Heavenly Father, for being so awesome and tender and merciful with me. I LOVE YOU! In the name of your son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I fight ingrown toenail and have since 2009....I am in a round of aggressively fighting this aggravating curse for the past 6 months....decided to look up spiritual reasons for ingrown toe nails and came across your blog!!! Very informative!

Anonymous said...

As I searched my heart, the Lord told me the exact same thing!!! He said your feet have not been shod with the gospel of peace for quite some time!!! Ouch!! I have repented and now resting on His healing balm...getting to the root of it all before I have to physically have to burn out or colorize and burn the root!!�� I believe that the root is spiritual and I like yours stop ignoring things as the Lord speaks to me and get stronger in Him
.Father , in the name of Jesus, heal my ingrown nail, and destroy the root of a ger , rebellion and disobedience to your instruction to me and help me to walk in forgiveness and peace in Jesus name Amen��