Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The afflicted walk and my mother's roses...


My mother and I went to the store together the other day. As we were leaving the house I notice her mini roses (pictured above) in full bloom. I said, "Wow mom! I can't believe your roses! There are so many blooms this year!" (if you look closely at the picture you can see tons of little buds that haven't opened yet.) She sort of chuckled and said, "Yes, they are amazing, I will have to apologize to your father." I said, "Apologize? Why?" she said, "Well, he pruned them really far, practically down to the ground. They were just thorny sticks and I thought they were ruined. I guess it was just what they needed."

Indeed.

Some days, I feel like a bunch of thorny sticks. It is good to be reminded that if I continue to submit myself to my Heavenly Father's pruning, some day - I will have fruit, and be like those beautiful roses. I wish I had pictures of the roses right after my dad pruned them, it would be interesting to see the comparison.

Thank you my wonderful great Father, who is pruning me, and some days I am too tired and sore and hurt to remember why. You are so awesome, thank you for the trials in my life. In Jesus name, AMEN.

No comments: