Sunday, July 18, 2010

My life as a quilt - Part 3 - A time to sew and carefulness

I took an hour or so to finish sewing this, so that I can pack it in my suitcase. We are doing laundry, taking showers, packing, getting ready to go back home. We will be stopping by Yellowstone National Park tomorrow to see Old Faithful.

I have mixed feelings about going home. Things were unsettled there when I left and I was glad to get away. I have some unresolved issues there. Will I be staying at my nightmare job? Will I be heading out on the road again. What is the Lord's will for me when I get back? These are all questions I have laid before the Lord. I only want to do His will in everything. I pray for the grace to make it through.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Phil 4:6-7
Carefulness. That word is the same as taking thought as in "take no thought for tomorrow" which is good to know. I will concentrate on the business of today. Packing, preparation, running to the store for road trip munchies ;)
Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world. But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle [you]. I Pet 5:6-10
Thank you Heavenly Father, for taking all my cares and the needs in my life and will solve them. Thank you for this trip and please watch over us as we travel. Take all the unresolved issues back home and resolve them, Lord. In the name of your son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: