Monday, July 19, 2010

A day of dams, dead trees and eruptions...


So we headed home today and it has been a trying day to say the least. We stopped at the Bill Cody Dam which in 1910 was the world's tallest. We went to the visitors center and watched the little film about it. I was under the impression that the Lord did not want that dam built since it was plaqued with disastors and financial hardships and even deaths. Then we drove through Yellowstone park. It was my second time there and I have never seen a bear there. But we did see two mooses and a couple of buffalo. Half the park is full of acre and acre of dead forests. Some have been killed by some kind of moth and the rest has been fire or drought. It is too bad they won't let people come and clear all those dead trees out.

Then we saw Old Faithful. Luckily it was just about to blow when we arrived. We took some pictures and then back on the road.

Our hotel room has crappy internet access and the air conditioner doesnt work and until today, I would not let those things annoy me so bad, but 11 hours in the car can sometimes resurrect the old man nature. Grr at me.

I made the mistake of calling work and heard that the new manager that we had, that gave us an inkling of hope, has been let go. I was worried he would be gone before I got back. Another reason to dread going home and back to work. Please pray for me people, I beg you.

Dear Heavenly Father, help me with this impending doom feeling. Please take care of the problems waiting for me when I get home. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: