Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My life as a quilt - Part 5 - I can do all things...

I spent the day looking at bridesmaid's dresses with my mom for my sisters wedding coming up in October. Believe me, that is a trial, even more so since my sister's colors are hunter and pistachio green. I never realized how much I hate the color green until today.

I was also fasting for my work because they have flunked their inspections and may have to close. So I had a pretty bad headache.

I started to do the quilting on my quilt, (something I have never done in my life). My mom poked her head in my room, and I started crying saying, "I can't quilt!" just like a little kid. She came over to see what I had done so far. She said, I think you just need smaller stitches. So I took out what I had sewn, and re-did it using smaller stitches. I guess I can quilt after all.

"I can do all things through Christ which strengthenth me." Phil 4:13

In AA they use the term HALT. It is to remind you not to get too hungry, angry, lonely or tired. I have been busy from the moment I get up in the morning, until I go to bed at night for days, and dealing with alot of stressful stuff. I just need to remember that the Lord is always with me during these trials.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Love the quilt! Love the post! Love the Scripture!

wendyworn said...

thanks for reading! and commenting!