Monday, July 12, 2010

Being thankful for the little things...

I was seeking the Lord on what to post today and He showed me the many things I have to be thankful for, even in just this one day.

A good nights sleep in a warm bed.

A nice HOT shower with REALLY good water pressure!

Running errands with my mom and my Aunt Becky.

An extra fabric treat snuck into my bag from the lady at the quilt store! Nice!

Listening to my grandpa talk about Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland. I said, "And Greta Garbo?" He said, "NO! She was way before them! They made a big fuss over her first words in a talky movie." I never knew that!

Watching the videos my son made of his motorcycle from his phone. Seeing him grow up from being a good kid to a good man.

Having wonderful BBQ'd burgers in the air-conditioned house with the family.

All these little things that happened today, and more, are each little blessings that the Lord has bestowed on me and I am thankful.
Psa 100:1 [[A Psalm of praise.]] Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
Psa 100:2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
Psa 100:3 Know ye that the LORD he [is] God: [it is] he [that] hath made us, and not we ourselves; [we are] his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Psa 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, [and] into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, [and] bless his name.
Psa 100:5 For the LORD [is] good; his mercy [is] everlasting; and his truth [endureth] to all generations.
Thank you so much Heavenly Father, for your love and treats and mercy in my life. Thanks for this nice day. In the name of your son, Jesus Christ. AMEN

No comments: