Monday, August 2, 2010

The Nightmares of Children - Part 2


I had a dream the other night. Towards the end of the dream, I was walking past an open door, and something caught my eye. I turned to look through the door and saw an evil taking place. It was an old sin of mine, a lust of the eye kind of sin. I stood and watched it and a voice behind me said, "Why did you watch?" Then I woke up.

I have been thinking of it ever since. Why did I watch? Why did I watch?

More importantly, why is that door still open? Sure, you could say, "it's just a dream." Is it? It is an open door to sin in my mind. I stood and watched. I didnt close my eyes. I didnt shut the door. I didn't run away. I didnt fight AT ALL. I could have called out to the Lord to save me, but I did not do any of those things. I watched because I secretly wanted to engage in that sin. O how I hate the flesh!

I dont want to have secret desires to sin. I absolutely hate the fact that I desire this evil thing - I have always hated this evil desire - like pulling off a scab is sortof fascinating and you should not do it because it leaves a scar - in a million times worse sort of way.
And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve [me] unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom [be] glory for ever and ever. Amen. 2Ti 4:18

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations,... 2Pe 2:9
Thank God, that Jesus Christ can shut doors that no man can open.

Dear Heavenly Father. Help me. Please help me. Please shut the doors of sin in my mind and deliver me from all evil temptations. In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: