Saturday, April 23, 2011

Opening up to the Lord

It is after 3am. In my dream tonight, the Lord was trying to teach me His Words. But for some reason, it was not going well. I want to learn God's Words, but so much of what He was trying to teach me was brand new, and I at first thought I was having a problem getting rid of the traditions I had learned in order to fully accept the Pure Words He was trying to teach me. There was a level of frustration going on that was unclear.

Finally the Lord said to me, "This would be easier, if you could truly open up to Me."

I saw myself as a little child covered in bubbles resisting the attempts of the father at trying to wash behind my ears.

I saw myself as a little girl with huge tangles in her hair. The Lord was trying to brush them out but I was being too fussy and shaking my head back and forth.

"Open up to me."

I realized that the Lord was asking me for a deeper level of intimacy with Him. I realized that I was afraid. I still had pockets of control and doubt and unbelief in my life. I need to be at the level where there is nothing between the Father and myself. I need to be completely open with the Lord because the things the Lord will be requiring of me in the days to come will entail a full trust in the Lord and immediate obedience. There will be no chances for running out into traffic.
I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night.

I have put off my coat; how shall I put it on? I have washed my feet; how shall I defile them?

My beloved put in his hand by the hole of the door, and my bowels were moved for him.

I rose up to open to my beloved; and my hands dropped with myrrh, and my fingers with sweet smelling myrrh, upon the handles of the lock. Song of Solomon 5:2-5
The Lord is beginning to reveal to me what His plan and Will is for my life. The Lord has placed a high calling on my life, higher than I imagined, and I will need to be ready. There is no room for doubt or unbelief. There is no room for less than perfect fellowship with the Father.

Things are changing my friends. Seek the Lord with your whole heart, mind, soul and strength and hold nothing back. If you seek Him, you will find Him, it is a promise.

Blessings in Christ
Linda

No comments: