Thursday, April 14, 2011

Walking with the Lord

This morning I read the following verses:
My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away. For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land; The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away. Song of Solomon 2:10-13
These verses really stood out to me in a big way. In fact, when I first read them, I thought they were a call again to go out on the road. The repetition of the words to arise, rise up and come away - and the fact that the timing is right - the birds are singing and the rain (we can only hope) is over and gone, the flowers are blooming. etc. The word turtle in the above verse means turtle dove - the symbol of the Holy Spirit.

My van is currently still broke down and my son is not sure when he can come take a look at it. I have $700 to either get it fixed or buy a new vehicle or? an airplane ticket? I currently have no answers as to what I am to do concerning this.

It was last year in April that I got the call to leave, but I didn't end up leaving until the middle of August, due to my own unbelief. So I definately do not want to miss the call again. It may be that details will become clear in the future and I am to be ready for the details to be worked out.

Because there are not any clear answers in the physical realm about possibly leaving, I decided to take a closer look at the verse. Strong's concordance say of the fig tree and the vine, "To sit under ones vine and under one's fig tree is said of those who lead a tranquil and happy life, I Kings 5:5, Zec 3:10, Micah 4:4."

The weird thing is, that 1 Kings 5:5 does not speak of the vine and the fig tree, 1 King 4:25 does. I Kings 5:5 is Solomon saying he is going to build the house of the Lord.

The term "come away" from the Gesenius's Lexicon just means "To go, to walk". It is an invitation to walk with my Lord, just me and him, like lovers would. Smelling the new fruit on the vine and listening to the birds sing and enjoying the flowers. My Maker is my husband like in the verses of Isaiah 54 that He gave me when I started this trip. I looked again at Isaiah:
For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.

O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires.

And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones.

And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children.

In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. Isaiah 54:10-14
It was an invitation to walk with the Lord and let HIM satisfy my longings and my desires. He is never far away and He will be with me to enjoy the sunshine and the spring with. He is always with me and will never leave me nor forsake me. Oh what an amazing Husband and Maker I have.

Stop and enjoy the sunshine and flowers, and be filled with the Holy Spirit and thanksgiving for all the Lord blesses us with.

Blessings in Christ!
Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post. Thank you for opening my eyes to see the sunshine and flowers of my everyday, humble life. It is hard sometimes amid the chaos of my life but it is there. Sometimes just holding my bible is the rose garden I need to get me through my day. Walk on Linda, keep the faithwalk - Love Mary