Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Bitter Centurion Update

JL left a comment over at Glen Filthie's site. I'm reprinting it here in it's entirety because it may be the last time we hear from him and it is not my place to edit it.

“JL here. Time to set the record straight.

Yes, I shitcanned my blog. I'm pretty much done with ranting about bullshit I have either no control over or can't do anything about. Yes, society's going to hell in a handbasket. We know who's responsible. We know why. What matters is "what are you/we going to do about it?" What can you/we do about it? The answer to that is 'nothing'....which is exactly what most people out there are doing anyway.

Right now, we're told we're in an 'information war'. That leads me to ask: is this a war worth fighting? Personally, I don't think so. Do you even get anything worthwhile in wining it? Thing is, the internet, social media, etc....this is, historically, the left's battlespace. The web has always been a toilet and for as long as I can remember, it's always been a haven for the freaks and losers that you commonly find on the political and cultural left. Way I see it, if they want it that badly, they can fuckin' have it. It's like the old meme says "arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olypmics - even if you win, you're still retarded". What's more important is what goes on in the meatspace, which is where I plan to spend the remainder of my time. I'd recommend you do likewise, but....well, you do you.

For those out there who enjoyed reading my rants, well...thanks for stopping by, but you're gonna have to find another dancing monkey to toss your quarters at. This one's spent.

Oh, and one more thing - this is specifically for Peteforester up above: the ONLY reason I ended up torching the comment you left on my blog you're going on about is because your whining bullshit brought in a ton of other mostly 'Anonymous' folks who took issue with it and started dogpiling on you. I'll grant you it probably wasn't your intent, but I was NOT interested in moderating a cage match on my blog. That's is EXACTLY what happened last year, which got me in a ton of shit with Goolag.

If you're not looking to pee on the rug/start fights on other people's blogs, here's a pro tip for you: even though you didn't get the clot shot, if you go to blogs like mine, Glen's, or others like ours and you're pining for sympathy for all those who 'did' get the clot shot for whatever reason, I'd say you're looking in the wrong places. Bottom line is, if more people had said 'no' and took a stand WHEN IT COUNTED, the bastards that did this wouldn't have been able to do what they did and wouldn't be getting away with it now - which they absolutely are and will.

And yes...not pushing back against the shot mandates absolutely DOES make you a coward. Don't like it? Too damn bad. Don't blame me, blame yourself.

Anyway, that's it, that's all. Take care everyone. See you in the funny papers.”

You will be missed JL – but I do understand where you are coming from. Take care out there my friend.


 

8 comments:

Steve said...

Hm...wonder who is the smart one now? What I mean is; how much time does it take to birth and grow a blog. And what is the return on investment?
Seems to me the amount of angst blogging generates; makes it not worth the effort.
Personally. I have slashed my internet time in half. Now I have time to work in the garden. Fix those household things and create a space for my family.
Thank you, you bloggers for what ya do. The truth is found on your blogs.
May the Lord bless you with strength and stamina for the fight.

wendyworn said...

I agree steve. it does take alot to run a blog, but for me - it's a voice crying in the wilderness. if something happens to this blog - i highly doubt I will start another. i'm also trying to scale back on the amount of time I spend reading the so called news. got too much stuff to do

Cederq said...

Like you Wendy(L) I know what it takes to run a blog and almost double to run two. I thought JL should have stripped all the posts off, then place a statement saying he is done with the BS and will stop blogging for a week and then cancel his blog. He had some loyal readers and with wordprussy and snot blogger being what they are canceling blogs, it would have been appreciated for a heads up. I can understand his frustration, not his action. Consideration in this world is at a sore low point, why add to it?

Peteforester said...

Wow... Nice of JL to single me out to drink the wine of his wrath...

All I said was that most of us didn't have a choice as to whether to take the Clot Shot jab or not. It was a matter of eating or starving. Needing to work to keep your family alive and housed is NOT cowardice. No, I didn't get the shot. I was blessed. I got a religious exemption. I and enough of my fellow employees got the exemptions because we DID push back and the owner of the company realized that if he fired every dissenter his company would fold. Others didn't have that leverage. Military, first responders, medical personnel, they had no choice. Take the shot or work not. My son had just completed two years of training as an X-ray tech and was required to get the jab in order to work in the hospital. I wasn't "peeing on the rug" or (starting) fights." I was stating a point, not "whining bullshit." If JL decided to brand an entire population "coward" and couldn't accept a difference of opinion, oh well... I'll leave it at that...

Bear Claw Chris Lapp said...

He will be missed.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update. i have missed him and of course curious of his status.
i found you (Miss Wendy) last week. I visit daily now.

may you be ever vigilant.

Matthew W said...

"Peteforester said...
Wow... Nice of JL to single me out to drink the wine of his wrath...

All I said was that most of us didn't have a choice as to whether to take the Clot Shot jab or not. It was a matter of eating or starving"

We got he email saying that "Anyone that works in our office must have the shot"
30 minutes later, my cube is packed, and I've shredded everything I didn't want the next guy to have.
Yes, I was ready to be fired and lose my job and I'm at an age where getting future work would be difficult.
There were only 5 of us that were not shot and two of them capitulated.
Yes, more people should have stood up on day one...................

My apologies to the bloghost

wendyworn said...

We all have an opinion on this hot button topic. I agree with JL on the matter that more people should have taken a stand than took the shot. But, I also agree with Peteforester on having empathy for those that rolled up their sleeves, alot of whom had no idea what they were really doing and some were brainwashed. Almost all of my family chose to take it, even after I heavily warned them not to. Some of them got incredibly fast acting cancer, went blind, or had a heart attack and died. I do not believe that we have seen the end of the consequences yet. In order to keep the peace around here, I will not be allowing anymore comments on this post. Thank you for understanding.