Saturday, June 13, 2009

4 winds and the sea...



I've been thinking alot about the four winds. I seem to see those words everywhere lately. I even stayed at a place in Depoe Bay called the Four Winds hotel. (I'm not sure I recommend it, I got spider bites there and the internet connection sucked. But they have a coupon special you can find in the free flyers at fast food restaurants to stay there for $35.99. Stay at your own risk.)

I did a word study on it, but it is huge.

The East Wind announces famines and brings in locusts.

The West Wind takes the locusts away.

The South Wind brings heat. (Luke 12:55)

The North Wind drives away rain (Prov 25:23)

the Four winds gather the elect.

Eze 37:4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the LORD.
Eze 37:5 Thus saith the Lord GOD unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:
Eze 37:6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I [am] the LORD.
Eze 37:7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone.
Eze 37:8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but [there was] no breath in them.
Eze 37:9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.
Eze 37:10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army.
Eze 37:11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts.
Eze 37:12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.
Eze 37:13 And ye shall know that I [am] the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves,
Eze 37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken [it], and performed [it], saith the LORD.


Then I thought about the great shaking that will happen soon. The shaking that the Lord will do in judgement here very soon. Could the dead bones be like the church of Sardis? About whom Jesus said, "I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead." or could they even be the dead in Christ? that rises first? I don't know the answer yet. The Lord is always righteous and holy. Blessed be the name of the Lord

No comments: