Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Waiting upon the Lord...


Waiting upon the Lord is a complicated thing. It is not always sitting on the couch with our hands folded in prayer waiting to hear from the Father. It is not always about patience. It is not always like a dog with a treat on his nose waiting for the ok to eat it. The spiritual truths that the Lord needs us to learn cannot always be learnt in one lesson, or a hundred, but precept upon precept and line upon line, (Isa 28:9-11)

I guess a part of me thinks it should be like the movie "the Matrix." Like when Neo is sitting in the chair and they just push the button for "LOAD" and then next thing he says is, "I know Jujitzu." The Lord cannot always show us the big picture in an instant. Some things need to be absorbed by us, mulled over because we need to understand and sometimes that takes time whether we think so or not.

One way the Lord has dealt with me is to show me the false doctrine first (in a way I believe) before later showing how it is a false doctrine and what truth in particular the false doctrine hides. Any doctrine that is not based on the truth of God's Word is false, and when believed, blinds the mind of those that believe in it. But there are alot of false teachings out there, tiny subtle twistings of God's Word that we automatically take as truth because we have always heard it taught that way and we don't even question it anymore. That is why the Bureans were more noble than those in Thessalonica. They double checked to see if those things being taught were really in the Word or not.

I went to Urgent Care today. I have had some sort of allergic reaction. They put me on steriods for a couple weeks that decrease in potency as you taper off, and also on allergy medicine. I would have been willing to die or be healed before I went to the doctor. For some reason it is God's will that I go this route rather than being healed, which actually hurt my feelings, alot. But there are spiritual lessons to be learned here even now, so I will continue to ask what the will of the Father is and to pray for full healing. I also think more will be revealed when the lab work comes back in the next couple days.

Psa 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

No comments: