Monday, June 20, 2011

Van Update

So the car guy blew me off twice this weekend. I knew that was God's way of saying, don't have this guy come look at your van. So I called my son to tell him that I'm still not sure what to do with the van, even though it did start up.

My son says, "I'll buy it. How much?"

"I'd really like to get $500 out of it, but you can just pay me what you think it should be since it isn't running." I answered.

"Ok," he says, "Eight hundred."

"What?! No! Honey, it isn't even running." I said.

He said, "Mom! That is the coolest van and it is worth it. I know you wanted $800 for it and I'm sure I can get it running."

So it is really amazing how the Lord takes care of the little things when you really step out on faith and TRUST HIM. Now, not only am I going to get a decent amount for the van, but my son will come down over the 4th of July weekend to get it so I will be able to see him and visit him before I head to Wyoming. It's so cute - he is bragging about it on his facebook page saying that it has a 460 engine and can pull a house off of it's foundations. Secretly I wonder if I will be using the money to buy a vehicle once I'm in Wyoming, but we shall see what the Lord has in store.

It is quiet right now in my life. Yesterday we celebrated father's day with my dad and brother-in-law and ate BBQ'd ribs and strawberry shortcake. (no kidding so much for trying to lose weight!!!) It was nice to visit with my family and enjoy life. It is important that I am enjoying life, because I have been under a self-imposed law of touch not, taste not, handle not, giving up things that religion says is bad, when it doesn't say there is anything wrong with it in the scriptures.

I finally got one of my sisters to watch my all time favorite movie yesterday, "Kung Fu Panda." Frankly, I totally love Kung Fu movies. I always have. I love Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan movies and because of the "mysticism" involved in martial arts, have not allowed myself to really watch or at least ENJOY a good martial arts movie. I know it is really dumb. I got rid of my entire CD collection except for two instrumental CD's - The soundtrack to "the piano", and a private CD from a friend who played classical guitar. While we were driving around garage saling Saturday in my sisters van, I saw my old Pink Floyd "Wish you were here" CD. I said, Hmm, I should take that back. I didn't because of my suitcases already being too full.

I had originally gotten rid of those CD's because of the satanic influence in the music realm, blah blah blah. Now I understand satan has no power over me, and just because he may have infiltrated every strata of society, doesn't mean I can't enjoy the music that is out there. Not that I'm going to run out and listen to Lady Gaga and Marilyn Manson, I do have taste.

It may seem that there is a lack of meat here on my blog lately, but that is because the Lord is preparing me for the work that will be done in Wyoming. I believe very strongly that I will be able to share the hope that is in me with people there and help others to escape the bondage of religion and carnal christianity and to do the work the Lord has prepared for me. I have had thoughts of worry, maybe it will be a furnace heated seven times hotter, then I remember that the Lord will be with me in the heat and the work of revealing Christ in me the hope of glory will continue. The Lord only gives us what we can handle. Should there be tribulation in Wyoming - then I will thank the Lord for the peaceable fruits of righteousness that will be the result.

If you haven't watched "Kung Fu Panda" yet, I highly recommend it!
Blessings in Christ
Linda

6 comments:

Alice said...

Praise the Lord for your provision! And the Pink Floyd..excellent taste:)

I am totally getting what you are saying about "taste not, handle not" etc. It's hard to strike a balance. I have a buncha little ones here that I don't want to corrupt with "worldly" things and yet again we all know how well religious bondage works in keeping a youngster interested in the things of God.

Create in me a clean heart O Lord!

wendyworn said...

Amen! Ma!

It is hard to strike a balance, thanks for understanding!

Linda

P.S. I love that verse!

Marshall Diakon said...

There goes the van...

Linda, is personal taste a wise measure?
various things "taste" good to eat, while tending to disable pancreas or gall bladders (or other functional parts). My brain can be numbed from potato chips or entertainment, though it seems best to have a sober mind -- to avoid becoming again another brick in the wall.

May the Lord grant you the peaceable fruits of righteousness, Wyoming-bound.

wendyworn said...

ha! Pink Floyd reference!!!

love ya Marshall! Thanks for commenting!
Linda

Anonymous said...

What a blessing! God definitely knows how to work ALL things out for the good.

wendyworn said...

Yes He does Alicia!
thanks for commenting!
Linda