Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Travelers

I really want this blog post to be called "Honor thy mother" because I am really having a hard time at the moment. Don't get me wrong. I love my mom. But she is NOT an easy woman to travel with.

When we stop at a rest area and everyone had gone to the bathroom, then she decides she will go. We have to wait so long for her to finish that I have to go again! My father and I are the drivers so we really need our sleep. But when she can't sleep at 3am in the hotel room, she turns on the light and starts to read. Thanks mom. Now we can't sleep either. When I say I am going to practice my guitar - she rolls her eyes and I feel just like a little awkward kid again.

I really felt like crying that I couldn't go with my aunt. I know the Lord has His reasons for me to stay at my parents house without a job, without looking for a job, waiting on Him. I beg the Father for mercy. I know that the Lord wants me to love my mom with that same unconditional love that I am to love Him and my neighbors with. To honor her - which is to cherish her. I know Lord - I am.

This morning at the desk in the Hotel, I found this little card that I wanted to share. It was a little prayer - which was both sweet and unusual:
“To Our Guests – In ancient times, there was a prayer for “the stranger within our gates.” Because this hotel is a human institution to serve people, and not solely a money-making organization, we hope that God will grant you peace and rest while you are under our roof.

May this room and hotel be your second home. May those you love be near you in thoughts and dreams. Even though we may not get to know you, we hope that you will be as comfortable and happy as if you were in your own home.

May the business that brought you our way prosper. May every call you make and every message you receive add to your joy. When you leave, may your journey be safe.

We are all travelers. From birth till death we travel between eternities. May these days be pleasant for you, profitable for society, helpful for those you meet, and a joy to those who know and love you best.”
That last part really hit me. I am a traveler. I journey for the Lord and I go where He sends me and stays where He wants me to stay. Currently - that is with my parents. So I will spend my time there as I have been. Praying and interssessing for those around me. Studying God's Word and practicing the guitar and waiting for the plan the Lord has for me.

and loving and honoring my parents. I love you mom.

Blessings in Christ!
Linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Sis, I know that feeling of wishing the Lord would send you another route, instead he forces us to remain in certain places to finish the work he started in us. Oh, extremely frustrating and downright maddening at times.

I have cried and even suffered from insomnia from being so upset that the Lord nailed me on a certain cross. I would stay up for 2 days with no sleep just thinking about how MAD I was at the Lord. Oh yeah, I know the feeling sis.

I definitely have truly learned what "His Grace is Sufficient" means in these past 5 years, because that is all he will give us to endure these things..his enabling supernatural Grace.

I know you love her, but that does not necessarily make it any easier.

One day at a time sis!