Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Almost 29x2

So today is my birthday. Not that I want to announce it to everyone on the internet but, I'm 57. The last 20 years have been mostly a blur. It still surprises me that our country has fallen. Sad.

Just when I thought that everything that could break has already done so, our heater decided to die on us. Thank God this week is up in the 50's and not down to 8 degrees like it was last week. The RV repair man said the parts won't be here until Thursday. Sigh.

When I told my sister about the heater, she told me that they call it BOAT.

“Boat?” I asked.

She said, “Yeah, Bust Out Another Thousand.”

For sure.

Anyway, so far, having a pretty good day. I made real coffee in the percolator instead of that instant crap. Tastes so good, and it didn't take that much longer to make. I should make it this way everyday.

Please pray for the people of Turkey. I don't know if you have heard but they just had a series of devastating earthquakes. A couple of over 7 points and one 8 point. Entire cities have been destroyed. They really need our prayers.

My car battery has finally been charged up so I may go get sushi takeout for lunch. Hope everyone is well. Take care out there.


 

9 comments:

bob said...

Best to have a space heater just for back-up, they are cheap on Amazon, and Lord knows when you might need it.
I'm in SW Florida and I have one, and have needed it, ha.

wendyworn said...

thanks bob - we do have a space heater. may need to go buy another one just to be extra prepared!

Cederq said...

Sushi? That is bait from where I come from... my twin sister eats that and at family dinner has always brought some and I shied away from her... Well, Happy Birthday, 57, I don't know if I could find that many candles, and if I could and crowd them on a birfday cake it would set off fire alarms and summon the fire department... So, who gets to put your over their knee and give you 57 birfday spanks? I would volunteer but that bait smell that surrounds you might put me off...

wendyworn said...

you should try it cederq - you might like it. no spankins for me

wendyworn said...

thanks JL I'm feeling it alright!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

(Bustednuckles)

wendyworn said...

thank you!

SiGraybeard said...

Happy Birthday, Wendy.

Today is my brother's birthday; mine was last Friday.


wendyworn said...

thank you! happy birthday to you too!