Thursday, February 16, 2023

Modern Day Decepticons

It's a running joke at my job that I hate the Bots and that I have problems with them daily. At least 2 or 3 times a day I am locked out of a file because of them and I have to have a supervisor unlock the file.

Recently, I discovered a consistent error where someone was adding appointment dates that were in January 2022 instead of 2023. When I tracked down who was making the error, I found that it was a bot error. (which made me very happy!) I took a screen shot of the journal entry which clearly showed that the bot made the entry on January 21st, before correcting the error. I sent the screen shot to my boss when I let her know about the errors.

When my boss went to the journal entry she could not see the entry the bot had made on the 21st, because it had changed the date of it's entry to the 22nd. Luckily, I had the screen shot to prove it. I said to my boss, “I'm telling you – those little bots are evil!” My boss just laughed.

Here is a very interesting story on some problems they are having with Microsoft's new Chatbot:

It's not like we haven't had lots of predictive programming about how evil these things are. Think, “I, Robot” and “Terminator” Of course, who could forget HAL (which is one letter off from IBM). Nothing good can come from this.

I personally refuse to shop at any business that replaces their workers with robots or AI. People may spit in your food but I'm sure what the bots will be able to do to you will be far worse.

Take care out there.


 

6 comments:

Cederq said...

As I have coined and maintained this mantra: "The more we rely on technology and computers the behinder we get." Some technology is helpful, this dystopian technology is going to kill us, it is going to get out of hand and people are going to die. As I get get older and hopefully wiser, I am turning more into a "Luddite."

wendyworn said...

I'm with you 100%. It's because we remember what it was like before all this technology took over. I feel very sorry for the younger generations who don't.

bob said...

I think when we expire this younger generation is going to get what they sow, and they ain't going to like it. So they will blame it all on Trump and us for leaving them in the mess they are running into. Ill be long gone so ha ha arseholes.

wendyworn said...

hahaha!

Bear Claw Chris Lapp said...

Not to worry, an EMP will solve everybody's problem soon.

wendyworn said...

i'm kind of looking forward to it