Friday, February 17, 2023

Fat Dog Friday

Since it seems we have a little lull (and I have already written about everything going on) in the escalating destruction of Western civilization, I thought I would start to tell the story of our dog. It may take several posts, so I will try to squeeze them in between fake food and the poisoning of the water supply.

A long time ago I had a ferret named Flash. He was so cute. His little antics and stories about his hidden stashes of shiny objects could fill a book. I really loved that little guy.

He got lymphoma and died.

I vowed to never have another pet due to the fact that they get sick and die on you and then you are painfully brokenhearted.

But then I met my husband. He had an adorable little black and tan chihuahua named Jojo. (She looked like the picture above.) Except for her crooked nose and her snaggle tooth she was perfect in every way. I loved that dog.

She used to snuggle up and lay by me as I worked on the computer. She was always obedient. She was dainty and feminine and oh so adorable. One day she was running around the backyard happy as can be and the next day she had a massive heart attack and died.

I was devastated. I did not want to get another animal. I really hate being overwhelmingly sad. My husband was devastated as well, but he really felt like he could not live without having a dog.

A co-worker at the time was trying to find a home for her dog. She was working 12 hour shifts and felt bad about the dog having to be in a crate all day. She showed me a little video she had made of the dog, which I showed to my husband. Long story short, three days after Jojo died, we had a new dog. 

Now that I think of it, I should track down that co-worker and beat her up.


That brings you up to speed on how we acquired our very fat (she weighs 65 lbs) pure blood beagle named Shyla. I will have to write more on her later.

Hope you all are well. Take care out there.


 

4 comments:

Bear Claw Chris Lapp said...

I get it Wendy to many times so far but there's a reason I like Dogs better'n people.

wendyworn said...

i think my husband feels the same

Cederq said...

I have a little Chihuahua I inherited from my evil, living ex-wife named Guido... She is now 14 and about 10 pounds, a big girl. She has a heart condition that includes a ventricular murmur. She gets checked by the vet and he declares her very healthy, but I suspect running around like a weirdo one day and the infarct the next. I will send you a pic of her. Sounds like your beagle is a snaugage queen!

wendyworn said...

yes our beagle takes up a lot of room that is for sure!