Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Tuesday Updates

The RV repairman finally finished up. Our heater is working fine again – although we will probably try to use our 2nd electric heater as much as possible to save on propane. We had to have him out a couple times before he was finished because we had a leak and no hot water. The leak was just a loose fitting and the no hot water was due to a blown fuse which he replaced and gave us a spare.

The RV repairman is a really great guy. He told us that the part for the heater is usually around 89 dollars but is now over 350! I believe him. It's just like everything else around here.

We chatted about balloons and trains and the sorry state of our country. It's rare to find someone who knows what is going on in the world. He said, “Don't take this personally, but I hope I never see you again.” We laughed. We knew he meant that he hopes nothing else breaks on our RV. I hope so too.

Hope everyone is doing well. Keep prepping and praying!

Take care out there!


 

4 comments:

Cederq said...

That price of the part is why I learned to fix stuff on my own trailer and learned to love Amazon(not a big love, mind you) in finding parts and ordering them. I have found doing that cuts the cost by two thirds... I know you can't do that and you are at their mercy.

wendyworn said...

my husband use to be really good at fixing things too.

Bear Claw Chris Lapp said...

An honest and good repairman is worth their weight in gold. Glad your patched up.

wendyworn said...

agreed