Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Meeting with the Boss

I had my monthly meeting with my boss yesterday. I actually really like my boss, she is very sweet. She told me that the company was giving merit raises and that I will be making another dollar an hour. Sweet! A dollar is a respectable raise. I have worked for companies that after you have worked there a year they would give you a 20 or 25 cent raise. Such an insult.

At the end of the meeting she asked me if I had any questions. I asked if the company had any plans in place for when the dollar crashes. She had no idea what I was talking about. I mentioned all the banks crashing and she said that she hadn't heard anything about it. We talked more about it, then she said that if the company has discussed it, she wasn't in on the conversation. She told me if she heard anything she would let me know.

I think there is a lot of people out there like her. They will be completely blindsided when the SHTF occurs. Which could literally be any day now. On the other hand, they managed to keep things a float for the last 10 years, so who knows.

In the meantime, I will be making an extra 80 dollars a paycheck, which will probably put me in a higher tax bracket and it will all be whisked away, never to be seen again. But, it's the thought that counts. (Ha ha)

Take care out there.


 

5 comments:

Cederq said...

How I hated those quarter raises... I actually asked when told I was getting one, "Can your company afford that raise and survive?" Supervisor was aghast that I asked that question. I told him I was a very good employee, always showed up at work and at least 15 minutes early and put in a good day's work, found ways to save money and become more efficient. I worked for that company for about a year until a better offer and more money came from another company. I am sure I was thought a malcontent at the previous co, I saw it I was a critical thinker... I came to work, not be a social club and I didn't cause problems.

Steve said...

On a radio station just recently: Companies think they are doing you a favor when they give you a 3-5% raise. And you can get hired by another company and garner yourself a 15-18% increase in salary.
Some companies are still operating with a 1940's attitude. No wonder workers aren't "loyal" to a company.

Bear Claw Chris Lapp said...

"I think there is a lot of people out there like her. They will be completely blindsided when the SHTF occurs".

Understatement of the year.

Bear Claw Chris Lapp said...

Steve you can't be loyal any more because of that. They know inflation takes that raise away but they don't care.

A warm body is all they want and a cheap one at that, the productivity will be another underpaid persons problem. I tell young people know days, "always be looking for another better paying job because in the end your just a number".

wendyworn said...

LOL!